Monday, February 13, 2012

Dish Cloth

I have about five minutes to write this post - let's see how I do.

It's amazing how time goes out the window while you have kids.  J is napping right now, but as soon as I put J down, Iz woke up.  Figures, eh?  (Yes I'm Canadian)

So Iz is now sitting beside me eating a snack while I frantically try to get this post finished.  I might just have to give him a little more snack to try and get through this post.

I made up (?) a pattern for a dish cloth!  This may be a lie, there may be a dish cloth pattern out there exactly the same, but I promise, I had no idea it existed before I told you that I made this up.

It is a great dish cloth, and you can easily make it any size that you want.  It is extremely bumpy on one side and nice and smooth on the other side.  Would probably even make a good face or wash cloth.

There it is.  It's a thing of beauty.  It's knit in 100% cotton that I found at my local textiles shop.  They make it themselves, so it is extremely cheap.  Lovely when you find deals like that, isn't it?

Getting to the pattern:

Dish/Wash/Face Cloth:
CO however many stitches you want (an odd number) so that your cloth is the size you want.  I used size 4 needles, so I cast on 45 stitches.
Row 1: p1, (k1, p1) repeat until you reach the end. This will be the WS
Row 2: k all the stitches

Repeat these two rows until you are satisfied with your length (I usually try to make it a square but in order to do that you have to actually make it a little longer because the cotton will shrink length-wise)

BO and sew in the ends.

There you have it!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Sounds like a great cloth to knit in the movie house. Thanks!

    Stephanie/TX
    http://stephsdesigns.bravehost.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m assuming the cotton is worsted weight?

    ReplyDelete